Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

My first mother's day!  I'm still not really sure I enjoy celebrating a day about being a mom.  I mean what's there to celebrate?  That I'm tired, have skin I never had before and extra thickness I never had before.  Or the fact that I will never have alone time again and I wake up every morning and go to bed every night with spit up somewhere on my clothes and thoughts of everything else in my head except anything having to do with me.

We actually really celebrated yesterday and it turned out to be a perfect day!  Really, I couldn't have asked for anything better.  Elias had his first haircut which he did great for.  We then took our first trip of the season to the river and Elias loved it.  He was so much fun.  As I sat on the sand and watched my handsome husband playing with my very cute son I realized that I am living my dream life.  Almost this exact weekend last year I sat on the very same sand with Elias still in my tummy and looked forward to the day I was living.  It was exactly how I pictured it.  Not many things happen how you picture them but this day did.






 After coming home and having a nap we took a walk and then picked strawberries for the very first time with Elias.  Again, just about this time last year I was picking strawberries with Elias in my tummy.






After having dinner we met some great friends for Rita's to end the day.   We put Elias down and Adam and I watched a movie and decided to top the night with one of my old college favorites.  Black olive and green pepper pizza.  Of course Adam had plain ol' pepperoni.  My real mother's day started with baby puke in my hair and all over my face.  Yesterday was my dream today is my reality.

I don't usually make New Year's resolutions but I am going to make a Mother's day resolution.  In the year to come I want to love Elias and my family with intense passion.  I want to pour my life into my son, spending every minute that I can with him, cherishing each moment.  I want there to be few times of frustration and many times of patience, few times of yelling and many times of learning, few times of anger and many times of love and understanding.  I want Elias to see me reading my Bible and praying.  I want him to feel like he is the most important thing in my world.

"Every child needs one person to be crazy about him" and I am crazy about my son.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you! You put into words exactly what I was feeling...today was like every other day but I stopped to think about how blessed I am to have a healthy son a few more times today than any other day :) we are blessed to have great sons and Godly husbands who love us despite our lack of "perfectness" lol

    ReplyDelete