Saturday, November 13, 2010

Just another day...

1:30am Baby wakes up crying for pacie. Shuffle into nursery, find pacie in dark, find babies mouth in dark, baby stops crying.
3:00am Baby wakes up again for pacie
3:30am Again?
3:35am Why did we give him a pacie? I pretend I'm asleeping and hope Adam will get the dumb pacie. Instead Adam brings him in to nurse. I don't want to nurse him. He can sleep through the night. We'll have to talk about this in the morning.
7:00am Baby wakes up to nurse and start the day. We head down stairs to feed the dogs (we're dog sitting this weekend). Elias plays in his bouncy seat while I make a cup of coffee. Elias, though buckled, almost comes out of bouncy head first. He's learning to sit and thought he would practice by trying to eat his feet. Move him to a blanket on the floor. Feed him his cereal mixed with prunes (to keep him regular). We sit on the sofa in front of the fire for a while just talking and cuddling. He gets sleepy so I wrap him in my robe. He spits up prunes and cereal on my shirt. Oh well. He snuggles down into my robe with his head tucked into my neck. I love baby breath on my neck. I love this feeling of my baby boy. With fire going, he falls asleep at 8:00am, snug as a bug in a rug. Just another day in paradise!

2 comments:

  1. Can someone please try to comment? We tried to fix it so you could but I don't know if anyone has tried. If you try and you can't, please let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I can't wait to have those sweet moments of motherhood :)

    ReplyDelete