Thursday, June 30, 2011

CHOO CHOO

I went to the Doctor yesterday and heard our little train chugging a long.  The sound of the miracle growing inside of me.  According to my calculations the heart rate was about 138.  The old wives tale says that over 140 is a girl and under is a boy.  Elias's was 160 at a visit and the Doctor told me it was a girl.  He is most certainly not a girl.  More on this in a  minute.  All of the babies systems are now formed and from this point on will mature and begin to function.  I've already been able to feel the active little thing flipping and kicking around.  The second pregnancy is taking it's tole much faster.  My hands swell when I get hot, I've had really bad round ligament pain (sharp pains in my belly) that come from nowhere,  I already feel like I can't breath and that I am a blimp which was just reinforced when someone told me that I'm eating every time they she sees me.  In four weeks we will have a sonogram and our next appointment.  Hopefully we will find out if we will have pink or more blue. 

Now back to Elias.  When we had our 18 week sonogram with him the stenographer said "it's a boy" and just in case we had any doubt Elias reached down to check for himself that he was in dead a boy.  Last night he again discovered that he is a boy while I was giving him a bath.  The only reason I'm even posting this is because it is quite funny to watch your 25 lb toddler try to move his rounded tummy out of the way to find his manhood, which he cannot normally see.  I'm not sure we can handle another boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment