Monday, July 18, 2011
So we got very disappointing news today that I will not go into detail about but rather share my frustration. I have a hope for my family that we would have the best in life as most mothers do. Every person's "bests" are different. What i thought might be best for our family came crashing down on my soul today with the weight of disapointment. I'm confussed with why God puts us through things, gives us hope and then leaves us with disapointment. What lesson is to be learned from that? Was my "best" list wrong, my hopes for my family wrong? Am I failing to see God all together? Why give opportunities, keeping the door cracked just long enough to have hope amd trust, and then slam the door on ur toes?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maleasa,
ReplyDeleteBryan and I asked this question a lot over the last two years...why did we move to Oregon for no YL jobs to be open? And even more so, God why did we have to go through the same heart-wrenching trial twice? But here we are with Micah, me working part-time, and Bryan working a full-time job that he doesn't mind going to every day :) So many times we wonder what God is doing but after the trial, we see how much our faith has grown and also how much stronger our relationships with others are. God is good all the time and He is there even when we don't sense His hand on our lives. This makes me think of the song "Blessings". I also listened to "Praise You In the Storm" because we know our faith is real when we get tested and can still praise God despite our circumstances. I am praying for you and Adam, that this answer is "a blessing" in disguise. He does know what you need :) And you need more time with your awesome friends down the street!!!